Ancient Egyptian lore
- A second sacred bird called the phoenix (according to the accounts of the people of Heliopolis) once in five hundred years, when the old phoenix dies. Its size and appearance, are shown as partly red, partly golden, plumage and size/body is almost exactly like an eagle
- Long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn.
- Sun origin, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of iits own death.
- A phoenix dies in a show of flames and combustion, although there are other sources that claim that the legendary bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again
- *May symbolize renewal as well as the sun, time, and resurrection.