Infinity awaits us.
- Space in which there is no matter or in which the pressure is so low that any particles in the space do not affect any processes being carried on there
- Outer space, the void that exists between celestial bodies, including Earth
- It is not completely empty, but consists of a hard vacuum containing a low density of particles, predominantly a plasma of hydrogen and helium as well as electromagnetic radiation, magnetic fields, neutrinos, dust, and cosmic rays
*Vacuum Diagrams literature
- Collection of Sci-Fi by Stephen Baxter
- Connects the novels of the Xeelee Sequence and also shows the history of mankind in the Xeelee universe.
- The self contained stories are presented as being all within the context of the first story “Eve”
- The main character a man is forced to witness the events in the short stories by a god-like being
- At the end of the collection, a chronology of the Xeelee Sequence is provided. Every short story and book from the cycle (up to 1997) is noted, with notable events from each story plotted.
“Vacuum Diagrams” is also the title of the fifteenth short story in this collection
The title refers to the violation and reassertion of the uncertainty principle in our universe. Set in A.D. 21124, the story is about the main character’s attempt and failure to terraform a colony due to its upset of the agenda of the galactic-scale builders known as the Xeelee