- “one billionth”. Used primarily with the metric system, this prefix denotes a factor of 10−9 or 0.000000001.
- Measurement for prefixing units of time and length.
- vᾶνος meaning “dwarf”
- Nano was a standardized prefix in 1960.
- State of abnormally elevated arousal, affect, and energy level, or
- “a state of heightened overall activation liable with enhanced affective expression
- Syndrome of multiple causes. Most cases occur in mental diseases
- Bipolar disorder carries mania as a major component as well as some other psychiatric disorders such as schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type
- Often the people either retain sufficient self-control to function normally or are unaware that they have “gone manic” severely enough to know when they may be dangerous to themselves or others
- When used as a prefix for something other than a unit of measure means small
- Nanodevices, nanotech, nanochance