- “Where one person sees a god, another sees only a shadow on the moon.” —Ikora Rey
- “There is a precision in speed. The slightest shift can result in victory…or end in disaster.” —Lord Shaxx
- Ancient technology repurposed for the modern Guardian.
- There was a moment where the hare chose not to defeat the tortoise.
- Bushy tail not included.
- Just a hop, skip and a jump across Mars.
- Follow the tracks to the finish.
- Run until you pass the rabbit.
- The wolf always catches the rabbit in the end.
- Chinese, the moon rabbit. “White Jade”
Guards the elixir of life, makes the pill of immortality.
- He Sacrificed himself to help three divine beings disguised as three starving old men.
- The divine beings were sent to earth to find a replacement guard of the heavens.
- The Jade emperor chose animals because he believed they are most pure.
- The rabbit was given its white fur and immortality as a gift from the Jade emperor for its selflessness
- The Jade Rabbit appears in many other cultures across the world.
- In Korea and Japan the Moon Rabbit does not make divine medicines, but instead pounds mochi rice cakes in his mortar
- In Vietnam, the Moon Rabbit is called Tho Trang who was taken to the moon by a fairy.
- Native Americans and the Aztecs are also known to have stories about a rabbit on the moon
The unmanned Chinese lunar rover was named 玉兔 – Yùtù, after the Jade Rabbit