- Mark of nobility and seal
- Also a symbol for nobility, indulgence and (in modern times) a totem for fishermen. Good except for in Milton’s work. *Bluecrew86
J Milton “Paradise Lost”
- Satan pursuing Eden, attempting to secure for himself, which he undertook alone against God and Man, falls into many doubts with himself, and many passions, fear, envy, and despair
- This only confirms himself as evil, yet he still journeys on to Paradise, pierces the bounds, and sits in the shape of a Cormorant on the Tree of life, as highest in the Garden to look about
Sea bird mythology
- Utrøst legend states those who die lost at sea spend eternity on the island. Can only visit their homes in the shape of cormorants
- Cormorant: “Sea Raven” Widely adapted line of evolved birds. Part of a higher Clade widespread throughout the world.